(Schuylkill Education Leading to Employment and Career Training)
A Program for Pregnant and Parenting Teens
The primary purpose of SELECT is to assist expectant, custodial and non-custodial young parents under twenty-two (22) years of age to obtain a high school diploma or its equivalent.The SELECT program provides core components and comprehensive case management services for each participant that culminates in high school graduation, or attainment of a GED certificate.
Mission of SELECT
- To provide supportive services to pregnant and parenting youths (females and males to age 22)
- To help these youths remain in school or earn a high school diploma or G.E.D.
- To help our clients succeed in preparing for the world of work
- To help them develop personal and parenting skills that will contribute to healthy family life.
Who is Eligible?
- Pregnant and/or parenting youth.
- Partner of a pregnant and/or parenting youth.
- Under 22 years of age.
- In need of a high school education.
What Do We Do?
Provide the following services in school, at home, and in the community:
- Individual and group counseling
- Instruction in prenatal care; postnatal care; labor and delivery; nutrition; growth and development of children; parenting skills, and intensive case management
- Assist with securing available childcare funding
- Academic support and school attendance monitoring
- Assist with securing tutoring serivces
- Provide academic support to homebound students
- Support services for attainment of G.E.D.
- Information about community resources for health care, legal assistance, and other services
- Referrals to appropriate social agencies
- Job readiness skills and career education / exploration
- Host monthly educational workshops
Is There a Cost?
No. All services are FREE!
For more information
Contact the SELECT Program at (570) 628-5761Schools may FAX a referral to: (570) 628-5765 Attention: Kim Sutter