Educational Consultants from the Schuylkill Intermediate Unit provide assistance to the twelve member school districts in order to facilitate options for students with disabilities in the least restrictive environment. The Intermediate Unit staff is available to assist local teams through training, and technical assistance to support a framework of collaboration and team building in order to meet the needs of students. Training available to the school districts may include but is not limited to:
- Inclusion Strategies and adaptations for teaching diverse groups
- Instructional Strategies to meet diverse needs
- Developing and maintaining building-based teams
- Structuring meaningful interactions and friendships among peers
- Environmental Communication Teaching
- Sensitivity Training
Check out the Inclusive Practices HUB, which is a repository of resources related to the least restrictive environment, supplementary aids and services, and Universal Design for Learning. The intent of the site is to feature videos and materials that support and promote safe and welcoming environments so every student is successful.