The term “transition services” means a coordinated set of activities for a student designed within an outcome-oriented process, which promotes movement from school to post-secondary education, vocational training, integrated employment (including supported employment), continuing and adult education, adult services, independent living, or community participation. The coordinated set of activities shall be based upon the individual student’s needs, taking into account the student’s preferences and interests, and shall include instruction, community experiences, the development of employment and other post-secondary adult living objectives, and, when appropriate, acquisition of daily living skills and functional vocational evaluation.”
What is Transition Planning?
Transition planning is an essential part of the individual education planning process. Transition planning involves students, their families, educators, and community service providers in a unified effort to assist students in successful preparation for their adult lives.
Transition planning for high school students with disabilities is a focus on the future that brings about successful post-secondary experiences, employment, and independent living within the community after high school. Simply put, transition refers to the passage from secondary education to adult life.
The Schuylkill County Transition Council (SCTC)
The Schuylkill County Transition Council (SCTC) meets quarterly to promote effective transition for students with disabilities in Schuylkill County. The council is comprised of parents, agencies, district transition coordinators, business representatives, and educators. The SCTC shares information from the State Interagency Advisory Council on Transition.
- Schuylkill County Transition Council (SCTC) Meeting Dates 19-20
- Schuylkill County Human Services Directory (Provided by Schuylkill Community Action)
- Schuylkill County Transition Directory
- Schuylkill County Transition Handbook-Parent Edition (online version)
- Transition 101-Parent Training
- Transition Resource Directory
- Statewide Transition Directory
- Casey Life Skills
- Going to College: A resource for teens with disabilities
- Holland Code Assessment
- For Parents: Options After High School for Youth With Disabilities (With Captioning)
- For Students: Life After High School for Youth With Disabilities (With Captioning)
- National Secondary Transition Technical Assistance Center
- Navigating College Handbook-for current and future Autistic college students
- O*NET OnLine
- Office of Vocational Rehabilitation - Rehabilitation Services Handbook
- Pennsylvania Career Guide
- Pennsylvania CareerZone
- Pennsylvania Secondary Transition Guide
- QuickBook of Transition Assessments
- Transition Health Care Checklist: Transition to Adult Living in Pennsylvania
- Works for Me – Pennsylvania: Transitioning Youth
- Big Future-College Board
- Grants for Students with Disabilities
- College Funding for Students with Disabilities
- Transition Discoveries Guide
Point of Contact: Doreen Milot email@example.com