SCHUYLKILL IU 29’s PA Institute for Instructional Coaching (PIIC) Initiative
PIIC's Mission: To support instructional coaching which helps teachers strengthen
instructional practice, increase student engagement, and improve student learning.PIIC…
- supports instructional coaches across the state through Intermediate Unit mentors in a variety of settings.
- is a local and regional network resource for instructional coaching.
Opportunities for coaching support from the IU mentor include:
- Coaches’ Networking Meetings
- On-site Support
- Regional Coaching Conferences
PIIC’s model of effective coaching to assist teachers in classrooms is based upon these core elements:
- to advocate one-on-one and small-group support for teachers, coaches, and school leaders
- to focus on collecting, analyzing, and using data to identify student needs, assess changes in classroom instructional practice, and measure student progress
- to emphasize the use of evidence-based literacy practices and research-based instructional techniques
- to support reflective and non-evaluative practices.
For more information, please contact:Andy Gavalis, Ed.D., IU29 PIIC MentorSupervisor of English Language Arts and District Support Consultant(570)544-9131 ext. firstname.lastname@example.orgVisit the PIIC websites at: