PA Media and Design Competition
Schuylkill County Regional CompetitionThe PA Media and Design Competition is an annual event that highlights Pennsylvania students' application skills, creativity, and knowledge.
When and Where
Date: Friday, March 19, 2021 Make-up Date: Friday, March 26, 2021 Location: Virtual Event - Awards Ceremony 1:00 - 2:30The Middle School and High School Media and Design Competition are two separate events operating under two separate sets of rules but held the same day at the same place under a common schedule. Be sure to follow the regulations posted at the respective Middle School (grades 6-8) and High School (grades 9-12) web sites. Be careful, some of the rules may be DIFFERENT! Entrants must follow the "Current Rules..." and "Specific Regional Rules...." listed below.
Participant PacketAn all-in-one participation Packet containing ALMOST all of the required forms is posted on the PA Media and Design Competition web page. That packet lacks a photo release form for the Regional Fair. To obtain a packet with all the PA Computer Fair forms and the Regional Fair photo release form click the link below.
Current Rules, Regulations & Required FormsRules are available at the Official PA Media and Design Competition website http://mediadesigncompetition.org
To obtain Required Forms, please use the packet from the participant packet link above. Hopefully, this packet is less confusing.
- We will follow the Rules and Scoring Guides posted on the Categories and Rules page on the http://mediadesigncompetition.org website.
- Be sure to follow instructions from this page.
Project SummaryEach Competition entry must display a project summary. The summary will be the student's opportunity to provide judges with any background information they wish the judges to be aware of during the judging process. The summary must be displayed with each project for the judges to read as they evaluate the student's entry. This summary should not be more than one page and must include the following items:
- The project's objectives, vision and/or overall purpose.
- A list of the software applications used to create the project. List any additional equipment (scanners, digital cameras, etc.) used in the creation of your project.
- List the approximate time spent creating the project and name all contributors to the project.
- If the design elements/graphics/photos are included in the project, please describe where the elements originated. Please include citations of all design elements that are not original. And be certain to include written documentation from the creator/owner of the work indicating that they gave you permission to use their work.
- A brief description of the process used to create the project.
- Any additional information the students feel the judges should be aware of while evaluating the project.
Copyright Sign-Off FormA copyright sign-off form must be prominently displayed with each entry in the Competition. The form must be signed by all students of the project team and the sponsor. All projects must follow the strict guidelines posted under "Copyright Requirements" within the "Categories and Rules" sections of the state web sites. Fair Use Guidelines do not apply to Competition Projects. All non-original work must include written permission from the creator/owner of the work. All original work should be documented as being original to eliminate any doubt. Simply signing a Copyright Sign-off Form does NOT satisfy any requirement for compliance with these regulations.
Coordinator of Technology Services
Schuylkill Intermediate Unit 29
17 Maple Avenue
Mar Lin, PA 17951
570-544-9131 ext. 1218