Executive Director, Schuylkill Intermediate Unit #29
The Schuylkill Intermediate Unit is looking for its next executive director! The IU is a regional education services agency that coordinates services for Schuylkill County Schools. The main services include special education, vocational education and defined mandated services including continuing education, curriculum services, instructional materials services, educational planning, pupil personnel services, and federal and state liaison responsibilities. Located between Lehigh, Reading and Harrisburg, PA, the IU serves thousands of school-aged students and educators throughout the region. The successful candidate should have the following attributes, including but not limited to, being an effective leader with:
The successful candidate must hold a letter of eligibility, have at least five (5) years of administrative experience, some of which was in Central office or cabinet position. Tom Templeton, Founder and Project Manager for TEMPLETON Advantage, will serve as the lead consultant. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Mr. Templeton at firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates will then receive instructions on completing the process. Interested candidates will be required to complete an application, and submit all clearances before being hired. Mr. Templeton can be reached at (717) 636-3238. The deadline to be guaranteed consideration is December 19th.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, implement and assess the success of new educational programs;
- Direct supervisory experience with classroom teachers and administrators, including overseeing and evaluating teachers and administrators;
- Prior school finance experience;
- The ability to sustain continuous improvement through Schuylkill IU programs that align with the organization’s goals, mission and vision;
- Experience in direct oversight of special education programs;
- Knowledge of the programmatic operation of area vocational technical schools;
- Practical education experience to meet various state and federally mandates initiatives;
- The ability to assess educational and business related technology functions from the perspective of ongoing performance and future trends;
- Strong communication skills who can actively engage with all stakeholders;
- An entrepreneurial mindset that can capitalize on opportunities.