Fingerprinting Handout (updated 8/31/2017)FBI FINGERPRINTING BACKGROUND CHECK PROCESS**NOTE- If you miss your appointment it is your responsibility to reschedule. In the event of an early dismissal, delay, or closing there will be NO fingerprinting. (The Lifelong Learning Center follows the Schuylkill Intermediate Unit 29 weather policy for weather related closings and dismissals)
Please call the next day that school is open to reschedule.
Applicants MUST REGISTER prior to calling to set up appointment.Registration can be completed either by phone or online.
- Registration website: www.pa.cogentid.com
- Print the last page of your transaction and bring it with you the day of your appointment.
- Telephone registration: 1-888-439-2486
- Monday-Friday, 8:00am-6:00pm
- Bring registration ID with you to your appointment
- If paying by Money Order, make check payable to 3M Cogent.
- NO CASH OR PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED
*Bring your REGISTRATION ID NUMBER and a valid form of identification with you when you come to be fingerprinted.ALL APPLICANTS MUST CALL FOR AN APPOINTMENT TO BE FINGERPRINTED AFTER THEY COMPLETED THEIR REGISTRATION.
- Department of Education: $24.25
- Department of Human Services: $23.00
- Department of Human Services (Volunteers): $21.75
- Department of Aging: $23.00
- Department of Banking: $23.00
- Hazmat Applicants: $21.50
Schuylkill Technology Center - North Campus
101 Technology Drive
Frackville, PA 17931
Lifelong Learning Center
2221 W. Market St
Pottsville, PA 17901
570-874-1034, ext.4880 570-628-5761 Monday, Thursday, Friday Monday - 8:30am - 11:30am 8:00am - 3:30pm Wednesday & Thursday - 8:30am - 3:00pm By Appointment OnlyFriday - 12:00pm - 3:00pm By Appointment Only
Check the Cogent website for additional fingerprinting centers: http://www.pa.cogentid.com
* 3M Cogent requires current, valid and unexpired picture identification documents. As a primary form of picture identification, a state-issued driver’s license may be presented by an applicant when being fingerprinted.
For those applicants without a driver’s license, a state identification card may be presented if the state’s identification card standards are the same as for the driver’s license.
In the absence of a driver’s license applicants may provide one or more Secondary Documents including:
- State Government Issued Certificate of Birth
- US Active Duty/Retiree/Reservist Military ID Card (000 10-2)
- Social Security Card
- Certificate of Citizenship (N560)
- Certificate of Naturalization (N550)
- INS I-551 Resident Alien Card Issued since 1997
- INS 1-688 Temporary Resident Identification Card
- INS I-688B, I-766 Employment Authorization Card