With their climate control, soft chairs and armrests, office environments don’t conjure up thoughts of workplace hazards like, say, construction sites.
It’s true, office workers are at lower risk for workplace injuries than most, but it’s still important to talk about safety with office employees.
Here are seven safety tips for office workers to prevent workplace injuries:
- Make sure your desk setup is ergonomic
- Take regular breaks to get up and move around
- When it’s slippery due to ice and snow, walk like a penguin when entering and leaving your office
- Use a headset for prolonged or frequent phone use
- Keep your workplace tidy
- Don’t let electrical cords create a fire risk
- Know your office emergency procedures
Make sure you know what to do in the event of a fire, storm, violent intruder, medical problem, or other emergency.
(Information obtained from SFM, The Workers Comp Experts)
Visit their website to read the full article and additional resources: